Steakhouse Steaks - No expiration on meat. looks like it was been frozen and defrosted several times.

My husband was approached by someone selling meet out of a truck. He felt pressured to buy.

No name of company just a receipt given. Most of the meat does not have any expiration date listed on packaging. Some of the meat in the boxes look freezer burned, dethawed and refrozen. A complete rip off!

I have called and left several messages with the number listed on receipt 253-267-5187, which only goes to a voice mail. The Federal Trade Commission offers a Buyer's Remorse : Cooling-Off Rule which states the seller must tell you about your right to cancel at time of sale, which was not given. The seller also must give you two copies of a cancellation form.

I have tried to cancel payment through our credit card. DO NOT BUY MEAT FROM A TRUCK THAT COMES TO YOUR HOUSE!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 18.

Steakhouse Steaks - Worst I've ever had

1.2
Allergens Information
Cleanliness
Quality of Food

Purchased from A person calling himself Buddy. Stated he had numerous health issues...Diabeties and Cancer.

Only had one leg. Stated that this was high quality product out of San Antonio, TX. I should have known better when he pulled up in a beat up truck, but it had a freezer in back. This stuff was by far the worst meat I've ever tasted.

This stuff must have been smuggled across the border or something. Don't ever purchase anything from this company!

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 09.

Steakhouse Steaks - Great beef, great price

5.0

I have nothing bad to say about my experience with Steakhouse Seattle LLC. The young man was very polite and knowledgable.

We had a little extra cash in our budget and this seemed like a worthwhile purchase. We bought a case of steaks that included a few packs of 90/10 ground sirloin. We got one case of beef for $200.00. So far we've tried the filets and New York strips.

They were all tender and tasty.

Hope he really does stop by again or that we call his number and it does work. I'd like to get more beef and also try out the chicken and pork.

Product or Service Mentioned: Steakhouse Steaks Steak.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 13.

Steakhouse Steaks - Aweful

They sold to a gentleman with dimentia. Took food out of freezer to put steaks in and freezer still didnt close.

When called they acted like i had wrong #, didnt know what i was talking about.

800 # does not work. I could go on and on, but my bp is already high.

Product or Service Mentioned: Steakhouse Steaks Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 02.

Avoid Steakhouse Steaks at all costs

New to the area. Eager to try some of the legendary beef from the city.

A man calling himself Billy Wilson (average height and build, white, blue-eyed, wearing Dallas Cowboys apparel, possibly bald or just very short haired since he had a Cowboys hat on) rolls up in a grey Nissan pickup truck offering great looking meats from a freezer in the back of his truck. Prices were pretty expensive, but hey, this must be the great meat I have heard about. He lays on pressure by saying he has to win a sales contest. Tries to get me to buy a full case, and then get me one for free.

Don't have the space for it, so I go for one case. Nice looking ribeyes, T-bones, NY strips, and three boxes of seasoned chicken. He's actively opening and laying out the meat for me to see. It is exciting, and the meat actually does look good.

But that is of course just what is on the outside. Paid cash, he gives me a receipt with his number on it, and goes on his way. I am only to discover that I have been proverbially Shanghai'd when I call that number to inquire about what other meats they have. The number he gave me is not in service.

Uh oh. Call the number on the brochure, just a recorded message and no functional voicemail. Ouch. Billy Wilson, if that is his real name, and Steakhouse Steaks took advantage of me and my ignorance.

He must have deliberately targeted my newer neighborhood, probably knowing that out-of-towners like me are moving in. They are looking to con you. I threw away the meat. You can never eat anything, especially meat, without knowing its source.

That fact, like many others things, I forgot in the excitement of looking to try the local meat. Don't ever buy from Steakhouse Steaks, or whatever they are currently calling themselves. The boxes say "Packed for The Steakhouse Family of Companies, Dallas TX 72557." Never buy meat, or anything, at the point of contact with someone knocking at your door. Any legitimate business will have a means of getting it some other way.

You have been warned. It does not feel good to lose your hard-earned money because you were a sucker.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Being hustled, Meat, Sales pitch, No website.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 31, 2017.

Steakhouse Steaks - I like the food very much

4.6

All these people putting these complaints on here I don't think they know how to cook steaks I didn't have any problem with the steaks I bought the chicken and the pork and the seafood I enjoyed it very much.

Product or Service Mentioned: Steakhouse Steaks Steak.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 07, 2017.

Steakhouse Steaks - My 81 year old father was just ripped off

8 Pork Chops, 12 burgers and 14 steaks for $190 that are less than 8 oz each and they look like ***! He brought them to me and said he bought them for a gift to us and I couldn't tell him that he just got scammed.

All this meat I could have bought locally for $80.

This is abuse on older good people. They should not be allowed to do this.

Product or Service Mentioned: Steakhouse Steaks Steak.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 10, 2017.

Steakhouse Steaks - God don't like ugly

I am so disappointed in this guy whom is nothing more then a quick talker scam. My dad warned me of these type of guys.

He was very forceful in saying anything you wanted to hear to get the deal done. He seemed to be ligitiment and honest but having all the right words to say convincing me how great the meat was such top grade A, even had a flyer of deals and a machine to slide my debit card through .But I cooked the meat even broil it its grainy and has a terrible taste . Don't let them scam you please . He gave me his direct no.

to re order or if have problems and yet no reply as of today 6/6/2017 . I'm filing a police report , getting a dispute going at my bank and helping these guys be convicted .

Product or Service Mentioned: Steakhouse Steaks Sales Representative.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 05, 2017.

Steakhouse Steaks & Steakhouse Family of Companies - Major scam artists!

Steakhouse Family of Companies and Steakhouse Steaks is despicable. They preyed upon my elderly parents, bilking them out of $700.00 for meat that is not worthy of being fed to a dog!

Avoid this company at all costs and call the police if they step foot on your property! They are the *** of the earth and know what they are doing. I will be filing complaints with the BBB, the District Attorney's Office, Texas Attorney Generals Office, Texas Secretary of State, and any and all Federal agencies and bureaus that I can. They are engaging in elder abuse by their actions and there are criminal and Federal laws against doing so!

I will not rest until they are charged, convicted and put in jail .... the only way I would not follow through is if they make full restitution to my parents ASAP! The Better Business Bureau has this evil company rated an "F" .... as of 04-01-17 there are 51 complaints filed against them with failure to even respond to 20 of the complaints ....

BBB says it is a consistent pattern engaged by this company and they show no effort to resolve the product quality issues, make refunds, or even exchanges as they promise they will .... this says it all about these fraudsters! The alleged "sirloin" and "ribeye" steaks are thin, full of gristle, and cannot even be made tender enough to eat even after cooking for several hours in a crockpot! You think they will grill on a charcoal grill????

FORGET IT! Who knows what the content of this mystery meat really is!

It is totally worthless! Evil people for doing this to elderly people who are disabled and on social security!

Product or Service Mentioned: Steakhouse Steaks Sirloin Steak.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Sales tactics extremely poor quality of meat elder abuse.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 02, 2017.

Steakhouse Steaks - Rib Eye Steak Review

1.2

Was shown really nice ribeyes...went to get money and David Romero swapped out the really nice ones for really crappy ones. $130 was spent and concidering I can buy ribeyes for 10.99 a pound and ended up paying 16.00 is a total rip off.....

Someone needs to get a handle on this and talk to your sale people.

I paid cash...if it would have been a check I would have stopped payment. I really believe I am owed a refund.

Product or Service Mentioned: Steakhouse Steaks Rib Eye Steak.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 21, 2016.

Comments

Columbus, Georgia, United States #1309710

The door to door meat sales is a scam! I know I used to be one of them!

Then I got a conscience. I'll admit I was very good at it!

But not proud! The food is the lowest grade the USDA will approve & is sold at ridiculous high prices to the consumer!