Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

New to the area.Eager to try some of the legendary beef from the city.

A man calling himself Billy Wilson (average height and build, white, blue-eyed, wearing Dallas Cowboys apparel, possibly bald or just very short haired since he had a Cowboys hat on) rolls up in a grey Nissan pickup truck offering great looking meats from a freezer in the back of his truck. Prices were pretty expensive, but hey, this must be the great meat I have heard about. He lays on pressure by saying he has to win a sales contest. Tries to get me to buy a full case, and then get me one for free.

Don't have the space for it, so I go for one case. Nice looking ribeyes, T-bones, NY strips, and three boxes of seasoned chicken. He's actively opening and laying out the meat for me to see. It is exciting, and the meat actually does look good.

But that is of course just what is on the outside. Paid cash, he gives me a receipt with his number on it, and goes on his way. I am only to discover that I have been proverbially Shanghai'd when I call that number to inquire about what other meats they have. The number he gave me is not in service.

Uh oh. Call the number on the brochure, just a recorded message and no functional voicemail. Ouch. Billy Wilson, if that is his real name, and Steakhouse Steaks took advantage of me and my ignorance.

He must have deliberately targeted my newer neighborhood, probably knowing that out-of-towners like me are moving in. They are looking to con you. I threw away the meat. You can never eat anything, especially meat, without knowing its source.

That fact, like many others things, I forgot in the excitement of looking to try the local meat. Don't ever buy from Steakhouse Steaks, or whatever they are currently calling themselves. The boxes say "Packed for The Steakhouse Family of Companies, Dallas TX 72557." Never buy meat, or anything, at the point of contact with someone knocking at your door. Any legitimate business will have a means of getting it some other way.

You have been warned.It does not feel good to lose your hard-earned money because you were a sucker.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Being hustled, Meat, Sales pitch, No website.

Comments